7М07150-ELECTRIC POWER ENGINEERING
Name of the Educational Program
7М07150–Electric power engineering
Training of qualified specialists of the scientific and pedagogical direction who are able to conduct scientific research based on modern theoretical, methodological and technological achievements of science and technology on current problems in the field of design and operation of electrical equipment and power supply systems.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Graduates work for
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship program and Practices
- Certificates (if issued additionally)
- Successful graduates
The Department of «Electric Power Engineering» of the Academy of Logistics and Transport trains specialists in the field of railway power supply, which will be in demand in all railways of Kazakhstan, industrial enterprises, including the metro.
The best teachers-practitioners of the department are ready to give a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the field of electric power engineering:
Sadykbek T. A. – Associate professor of ALT, Doctor of Technical Sciences, associate professor, has more than 50 years of experience in the field of energy.
Kalieva K. Zh. – Associate Professor of ALT, Candidate of Technical Sciences, has more than 20 years of experience in the field of electric power engineering, design of power supply systems in railway transport.
– To solve engineering problems in professional activity using the methods of natural sciences, mathematical apparatus in order to implement the tasks set
– To study the knowledge of the life system of scientific research, regulatory principles, methods of justification for project management and interpretation of information for evaluating projects in the electric power sector
– To investigate logic circuits based on digital technology using SCADA systems to control the modes of electrical networks and substations
– To systematize the mathematical methods of calculation and analysis of the reliability of power systems with the goal of providing electric power at the rated quality and reliability
To evaluate the static and dynamic Electromechanical modes of the system with the aim of calculating the parameters of automated electric drive and evaluation of electromagnetic compatibility of electrical equipment in power systems
– To explore the use of means of automation designing for carrying out technical calculations for the projects feasibility analysis of the effectiveness of design solutions
– Develop measures to improve production technology, modernize equipment, and save energy and resources
– Design non-traditional and renewable energy sources, taking into account the basic properties and calculation of the modes of the main energy and auxiliary equipment
– Demonstrate knowledge on the subject, ideological and methodological specifics of the natural sciences, scientific concepts in the electric power industry.
– Analyze the knowledge of the basics of higher school pedagogy and the methodology of professional higher education.
Chief Engineer, head of the division, chief specialist, engineer for safety and labor protection, power engineer, chief mechanic, lead engineer, senior master of the (production) section, head of the traction substation, head of the district (contact network, power supply), head of the (electrical) laboratory, head of the car (laboratory), chief energy dispatcher, senior lecturer, lecturer, assistant teacher.
The field of professional activity is aimed at creating conditions for the production, transmission, distribution and consumption of electricity for all railway facilities. The objects of professional activity of graduates are enterprises: branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro kurylys», as well as power supply enterprises of various industries, specialists of research institutes, higher educational (technical) institutions.
The Department, within the framework of academic mobility and the program of double-degree education, as well as scientific training of students, closely cooperates with the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT), now RUT (MIIT), the Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Omsk State University of Railway Engineering, Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Ural State University of Railway Engineering, Lublin Technical University, Varna Technical University.
branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro kurylys», and other enterprises of the energy sector.
All types of practices and internships are held in the leading companies of Kazakhstan-branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro Kurylys», and other enterprises of the energy sector, as well as on the basis of pratner universities.
Urynbayev K. E. – Deputy Director of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Directorate of Trunk networks»
Akhmetbekov R. K. – Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ».
Konyukhov A. T. – Deputy Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Tanabaev D. N. – Deputy Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Semenov A. T. – Head of the Operation Department of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Sarsenbekov B. S. – Head of the Security Department of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Almaty Trunk Networks».
Orazaev K. S. – Deputy head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Almaty branch of the main network» Almaty distance of power supply.
Akzhigit A. A. – Deputy Head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Aktobe branch of the main network» of the Aktobe power supply distance.
Semenov E. A. – Head of the repair and revision section of the Astana power supply distance.
Teltaev N. – Deputy Head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Shymkent branch of the main network» of the Shymkent power supply distance
Kali S. B. – Chairman of the trade union of the NGO Local Trade Union «Seriktes» of employees of electric grid organizations.
Sultanov A. – Director of KazEnergoStroy-Invest.
Dautov S. S. – Chief Engineer of Kazakh Institute of Technical Development LLP.
Chirikov D. K. – Director of Iveco Construction LLP.
Kartakov A. U. – Almaty Transport College, Director.