6B07121- ELECTRIC POWER ENGINEERING
Name of the Educational Program
6B07121-Electric power engineering
Training of qualified specialists in the field of electric power industry with practical skills in the design of traction substation and contact network, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment of electrified and non-electrified railways.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Graduates work for
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship program and Practices
- Certificates (if issued additionally)
- Successful graduates
The Department of «Electric Power Engineering» of the Academy of Logistics and Transport trains specialists in the field of railway power supply, which will be in demand in all railways of Kazakhstan, industrial enterprises, including the metro.
The best teachers-practitioners of the department are ready to give a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the field of electric power engineering:
Sadykbek T. A. – Associate professor of ALT, Doctor of Technical Sciences, associate professor, has more than 50 years of experience in the field of energy.
Kalieva K. Zh. – Associate Professor of ALT, Candidate of Technical Sciences, has more than 20 years of experience in the field of electric power engineering, design of power supply systems in railway transport.
– practical skills to participate in installation, commissioning, repair and maintenance work at electric power facilities.
– practical skills and skills in the rules and methods of organizing maintenance and repair of contact network devices and power lines.
– practical skills and skills in the rules and methods of organizing maintenance and repair of traction and transformer substation devices, linear traction power supply devices.
– practical skills and abilities in the organization of production and technological activities, in establishing the parameters of the optimal mode of operation of equipment, monitoring the quality of functioning, improving, upgrading and improving the technical and economic indicators of substations, electrical systems and networks, power supply to enterprises of various industries.
– perform a measurement experiment and evaluate the results of measurements, perform diagnostics of electrical equipment of power supply systems.
– master the methodology for calculating the main parameters of the traction power supply system, selecting the locations of traction substations and linear traction power supply devices, depending on the size of the movement and other essential conditions.
Power dispatcher, electrician (repair and revision) section, electrician (traction substation, contact network, power supply area), electrician.
The field of professional activity is aimed at creating conditions for the production, transmission, distribution and consumption of electricity for all railway facilities. The objects of professional activity of graduates are enterprises: branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro kurylys», as well as power supply enterprises of various industries.
To train highly qualified specialists, in accordance with the requirements of higher education, it is necessary today to have a powerful laboratory base. The department has specialized laboratories in the disciplines of the specialty, there is also a branch of the department on the basis of the Almaty distance of power supply. Friendly, scientific and methodological relations have been established and actively maintained with the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT), now RUT( MIIT), Omsk State University of Railway Engineering, Samara State University of Railway Engineering, and Ural State University of Railway Engineering. The result of this cooperation is the academic mobility of students in special disciplines (Contact network and power lines, Electricity supply of electrified roads).
branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro kurylys», and other enterprises of the energy sector.
Bachelors pass all types of practical training in the leading companies of Kazakhstan – branches of JSC «NC «KTZ» power supply distances, JSC «KEGOC», JSC «AZhK», «Almaty metro kurylys», and other enterprises of the energy sector. The advantages of internships are that nonresident students can take internships at their place of residence throughout Kazakhstan, where there are branches of these companies.
Contact network electrician, traction substation electrician, relay electrician, energy audit
Urynbayev K. E. – Deputy Director of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Directorate of Trunk networks»
Akhmetbekov R. K. – Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ».
Konyukhov A. T. – Deputy Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Tanabaev D. N. – Deputy Director of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Semenov A. T. – Head of the Operation Department of the Department of «Electrification and Energy» of JSC «NC «KTZ»
Sarsenbekov B. S. – Head of the Security Department of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Almaty Trunk Networks».
Orazaev K. S. – Deputy head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Almaty branch of the main network» Almaty distance of power supply.
Akzhigit A. A. – Deputy Head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Aktobe branch of the main network» of the Aktobe power supply distance.
Semenov E. A. – Head of the repair and revision section of the Astana power supply distance.
Teltaev N. – Deputy Head of the branch of JSC «NC «KTZ» – «Shymkent branch of the main network» of the Shymkent power supply distance
Kali S. B. – Chairman of the trade union of the NGO Local Trade Union «Seriktes» of employees of electric grid organizations.
Sultanov A. – Director of KazEnergoStroy-Invest.
Dautov S. S. – Chief Engineer of Kazakh Institute of Technical Development LLP.
Chirikov D. K. – Director of Iveco Construction LLP.
Kartakov A. U. – Almaty Transport College, Director.