6B07100 – Chemical Engineering
Name of the EP
6В07100 – Chemical Engineering
Training of qualified bachelor’s degree specialists in the field of chemical engineering, able to set goals and formulate tasks related to the implementation of professional functions in the production of organic and inorganic substances, possessing theoretical knowledge, practical skills, adapted to modern labor market conditions, motivated to continuous professional education, as well as safe operation of technologies in the production and transportation of petroleum products using advanced chemical methods.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Who graduates work with
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship and Internship program
According to the Educational program 6B07100 – Chemical Engineering, highly qualified specialists are trained in the field of modern technologies for the production of organic and petrochemical substances, transportation of petroleum products, focused on solving the problems of innovative development of the most important areas of the oil and gas industry of Kazakhstan.
Chemical engineers around the world develop and manage processes and equipment for large-scale production of all types of chemical materials.
For carrying out educational activities there are
highly qualified teaching staff and close connection with production.
The best practical teachers are ready to give a huge amount of knowledge and experience in the field of chemical engineering:
Meldeshov A.A. – Doctor of Chemical Sciences, academician of IAESS, has more than 35 years of experience in the field of catalysis and petrochemistry.
Utelbaev B.T. – Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, 40 years of work experience in the field of catalysis and petrochemistry.
Kadirbekov K.A. – Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, more than 35 years of work experience in the field of catalysis and petrochemistry.
– be able to express their thoughts competently and defend their own opinion when discussing professional issues in an international environment in Kazakh, Russian and English;
– apply the ability to continuous professional development and professional improvement, solve problems in professional activity using knowledge of natural sciences, mathematical analysis and modeling using innovative computer technologies;
– to explain the natural science picture of the world through the unity of the basic concepts of socio-humanitarian and natural science knowledge, as well as the laws of physics, chemistry, to apply the acquired knowledge and skills in various types of social and professional activities;
– to choose and apply methods of prevention and protection from hazards at work in the event of accidents and catastrophes and to use methods of ensuring fire, radiation and electrical safety at enterprises;
– be able to recognize changes in the business environment and determine the strategic direction of development using resource-saving and waste-free technologies;
– is able to name and identify the causes of environmental pollution using knowledge in the field of environmental legislation, fuel chemistry, methods of operation and use of transport power plants;
– possess methods of ecological and economic analysis for making environmentally appropriate, engineering and management decisions, be able to generalize and analyze information for setting goals and choosing rational ways to achieve it;
– apply safe methods of operation of gas and oil pipelines, own methods of research of oil and gas systems, as well as methods of operation and design of oil and gas pipelines and oil and gas storage facilities;
– to know the basic methods of analysis, quality control of raw materials and products of chemical production, petrochemical synthesis, oil and gas, petrochemistry, technology of processing and purification of natural and associated gases and wastewater;
– to apply knowledge and understanding in professional activities for modeling and designing chemical processes, to know the processes and devices of chemical technology, to apply them in the field of chemical engineering.
Process engineer, chemical technologist, technologist, master technologist, petrochemical engineer, engineer of research institutes, operator of technological installations, occupational health and safety engineer, environmental engineer, specialist in waste management, rationing and state environmental expertise, civil defense specialist and emergency situations, researchers and specialists developers of regulatory and technical documentation in the field of occupational safety and environmental protection, teacher of secondary technical educational institutions.
The Department of General Engineering, within the framework of academic mobility, as well as scientific internship of students, closely cooperates:
– Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (NRU), Russian Federation, Moscow;
– – Institute of Petrochemical Engineering and Ecology named after N.K. Nadirov at AUNG named after Safi Utebayev, RK, Atyrau.
The Department of General Engineering closely cooperates with such companies as JSC “National Company “Kazakhstan Temir Zholy”, JSC “Institute of Fuel, Catalysis and Electrochemistry named after D.V. Sokolsky”, JSC “Institute of Chemical Sciences”, KBTU School of Chemical Engineering, LLP “Central Asian Institute of Environmental Research (CAIER)”, Institute of Green Chemical Technologies LLP, Chemical Solutions LLP and others.
Students undergo all types of professional practices on the basis of leading companies in Kazakhstan. The advantages of internships are that nonresident students can practice at their place of residence. In addition, the best students are sent to paid internships.