6B07129 – BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS
NAME OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
6B07129 – BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS
Training of qualified and competitive specialists who possess the theoretical and practical skills necessary for the implementation of professional activities based on advanced technologies for the design, production, operation, maintenance and repair of bridges, tunnels and subways.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Who do graduates work
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship program
- Certificates (if issued additionally)
According to the Educational program 6B07129 BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS, the training of in-demand specialists for bridge and tunnel production is carried out, applied research works are carried out.
For carrying out educational activities there are:
– highly qualified teaching staff (1 holder of the title “The best teacher of the university”, many teachers are awarded with other state awards);
– close connection with production (passing production practices at the enterprises of the industry, the presence of branches of the department in production);
– developed laboratory and technical base.
- to apply social and ethical norms and the role of spiritual processes for the observance and protection of interpersonal and legal interests in professional activities.
- to apply the knowledge of natural science disciplines in engineering calculations.
- to apply professional vocabulary and basic grammar in oral and written forms, including in foreign languages.
- to use information and communication and it technology programs in transport.
- to use technical documentation on safety during operation and maintenance of artificial structures.
- to analyze organizational and economic decisions on the management of work production, based on supply and demand.
- to determine the indicators of strength, rigidity, reliability and stability of structural elements on the basis of theoretical and experimental research.
- to evaluate the reliability of the bases and foundations of transport structures, the stability of slopes and slopes during design and operation using numerical calculations and methods of testing materials.
- to assess the safety of the operation of artificial structures based on the methods of hydrogeological calculations, regulatory documents and technical regulations, taking into account the physico-chemical and physico-mechanical properties of soils and groundwater.
- to demonstrate the practical application of modern technologies and methods of diagnostics, regulatory documents, machinery and equipment in the operation, maintenance, reconstruction and repair of artificial structures.
- to apply computer modeling and software, methods of graphic works and editors in the construction of design schemes of bridge spans and tunnel linings of subways.
- to apply design and mathematical modeling methods to determine the degree of stability, durability, reliability and efficiency of artificial structures during operation and reconstruction using lifting mechanisms and machines.
- to assess the technical condition and load-bearing capacity of the structures of bridges, tunnels and subways based on the analysis of the results of diagnostics, surveys and tests during repair and reconstruction.
- to demonstrate the principles of organization and management of bridge and tunnel production, modern technologies and the basics of calculating bridges and pipes during construction, repair and reconstruction.
Enterprises, organizations and complexes that provide the current maintenance, inspection, repair and reconstruction of bridges, tunnels and subways.
And also according to the approved Professional Standards:
– Insulator for waterproofing
– Driver of an automobile crane
– Environmental Engineers (general profile)
– Head of the site
– Traffic Safety Engineer
– Engineer for the construction of transport facilities (bridges and tunnels)
– Head of the Production Department
– Construction Manager
– Construction technician
– Cost Estimator
– Specialist in automated systems
– Cost Estimation engineer
– Fire and security alarm engineer
– Design Engineer
– Chief designer of the project (in construction)
– Chief Project Engineer (in construction)
For training highly qualified specialists, in accordance with the requirements of higher education, it is necessary today to have a powerful laboratory base. The department has specialized laboratories in the disciplines of the specialty. For example, friendly, scientific and methodological relations were established and actively maintained with the St. Petersburg University of Telecommunications. Bonch-Bruevich. The result of this cooperation is the installation of 8 universal stands with control and measuring equipment for performing laboratory work in special disciplines.
The Department cooperates with the Moscow Technical University of Communications and Information (MTUCI)within the framework of academic mobility and the program of double-degree education and the Moscow State University of Railway Transport (MIIT), now RUT (MIIT), the Technical University of Varna (Poland)
The Department of “Transport structures” successfully cooperates with such companies as: JSC NC KazAvtoZhol Almaty, JSC “KazdorNII”, Branches of JSC “KTZ-Cargo transportation”.
Bachelors pass all types of practical training in leading companies of Kazakhstan-JSC NC KazAvtoZhol Almaty, JSC “KazdorNII”,
Branches of JSC “KTZ-Cargo transportation”. The advantages of internships are that nonresident students can take internships at their place of residence throughout Kazakhstan, where there are branches of these companies.
Repairman of artificial structures, cladder.