6B11235 Life safety and environmental protection
|Name of the educational program||6B11235 Life safety and environmental protection|
|Description||Training of highly qualified specialists in the field of life safety and environmental protection, who have the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for successful professional activity in all industries.|
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Who graduates work with
- International programs (partner universities)
- Unternship program
The educational program “Life safety and environmental protection” was prepared at the Academy of Logistics and Transport in accordance with modern requirements, which are set out in the “Atlas of new professions and competencies in Kazakhstan”.
Area of professional activity: all sectors of the economy, including industry, transport, agriculture and utilities, production and consumption, government agencies in the field of life safety and labor protection, environmental services.
– Be able to express their thoughts competently and defend their own opinion when discussing professional issues in an international environment in Kazakh, Russian and English
– Demonstrate the ability for continuous professional development and professional improvement, solve problems in professional activity using knowledge of natural sciences, mathematical analysis and modeling using innovative computer technologies
– Be able to explain the natural science picture of the world through the unity of the basic concepts of social and humanitarian disciplines and the laws of physics, chemistry, apply the acquired knowledge and skills in various types of social and professional activities
– To identify natural and man-made hazards in order to determine the most reliable and economically feasible methods of protecting the population from them using innovations and creative solutions
– Demonstrate the application of the acquired knowledge to find a compromise between various requirements in the field of life safety and environmental safety and the requirements of cost and quality of work to make optimal technical and economic decisions in the field of life safety and environmental protection and rational use of natural resources
– Apply methods of prevention and protection against the risk of accidents and catastrophes at work and specify methods of ensuring fire, radiation, and electrical safety at the enterprise, using advanced engineering knowledge in electrical engineering, and methods of increasing the fire resistance of metal structures made of various alloys and methods of their fastening
– Demonstrate knowledge of the basics of physiology and occupational hygiene, and the ability to act competently in case of accidents, fires and other emergencies, natural and man-made, first aid and preventive rescue measures
– Apply professional and personal qualities, develops leadership skills, has methods of analyzing the competitiveness of the organization, considering market trends. Be able to recognize changes in the business environment and determine the strategic direction of development using resource-saving and waste-free technologies
– To organize work in the field of environmental monitoring using the latest instruments and equipment, to compile environmental reports, to develop documentation for projects of PDV, PDV, waste passports, and reclamation of disturbed lands
– Be able to identify and identify the causes of environmental pollution using knowledge in the field of geoecology, fuel chemistry, methods of operation and use of transport power plants
– To carry out maintenance of technical and technological equipment that provides sanitary and hygienic and safe working conditions
– Apply the methods of technical and economic analysis and carry out engineering and management decisions. Be able to generalize, analyze, perceive information, set goals and choose rational ways to achieve it
Occupational health and safety engineer, environmental protection engineer, safety and environmental development specialist, specialist in waste management, regulation and state environmental expertise; special inspector for state supervision in the field of labor protection and environmental protection, specialist in civil defense and emergency situations, researchers and specialists developers of regulatory and technical documentation in the field of life safety and environmental protection.
The department, within the framework of academic mobility and the program of double-degree education, as well as scientific internship of students, closely cooperates:
– Dresden Technical University, Germany;
– Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT), Russian Federation, Moscow;
– Omsk State University of Railway Transport (OmGUPS), Russian Federation, Omsk;
– Ural State University of Railway Transport (UrGUPS), Russian Federation, Yekaterinburg;
– Technical University of Varna, Bulgaria, Varna
– Siberian State University of Railway Transport (SGUPS), Russian Federation, Novosibirsk;
– Riga Technical University, Latvia, Riga;
– Lublin Technical University, Poland, Lublin.
All types of internships and internships are held on the basis of the leading companies of the Republic of Kazakhstan.