Name of the EP
Training of qualified and competitive specialists possessing theoretical and practical skills necessary to carry out professional activities on the basis of advanced technologies of design, production, operation, maintenance and repair of railcars.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Jobs for graduates
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship and Internship Program
- Certificates (if issued in addition)
Under the Educational program 6B07116-Carriages the training of in-demand specialists for railway transport is carried out and applied research works are conducted.
To carry out the educational activities there are:
– highly qualified teaching staff (5 holders of the title “The best teacher of the university”, many teachers are marked with other state awards);
– close ties with production (practical training at the enterprises of the industry, the presence of branches of the department at the production site);
– well-developed laboratory and technical base.
– Evaluate socio-ethical norms and the role of spiritual processes in modern society, interpersonal and legal interests of the parties in carrying out professional activities.
– Interpret the processes and models of transport engineering objects on the basis of knowledge of natural science disciplines.
-Formulate arguments and solve problems in the field of study, using professional vocabulary and basic grammar in oral and written form in the national and foreign languages.
– Integrate advances in modern computing, software, and IT technology in all areas of the transportation industry.
– Develop a complex of measures to ensure life safety, environmental protection and labor protection, on the basis of the analysis of harmful and dangerous factors at the enterprises of car facilities.
– Make managerial decisions of organizational and economic nature on the basis of the analysis of supply and demand, the dynamics of the transport market.
– Solve technical problems of strength, reliability and stability on the basis of theorems of principles and methods of engineering disciplines.
– Analyze the practical application of electrical equipment and electronics on rolling stock based on the analysis of promising technologies.
– To assess the reliability indicators of parts and components of the rolling stock, using modern methods and diagnostic tools on the basis of normative and technical documentation and technical standards.
– Evaluate the technical condition and parameters of the elements of rolling stock in order to optimize their design, performance and indicators of use.
– To develop the technological process of maintenance, repair and diagnostics of parts and units of cars with the use of mechanization, diagnostics and automation.
– Analyze the indicators of the rolling stock in order to ensure its safe operation in interaction with the infrastructure of the railway transport.
Master of the section (workshop) of a rail car depot; engineer; repair engineer; engineer of the technical department; non-destructive testing specialist, specialist in the operational management of the rail car repair and maintenance team; mechanic of a refrigerated car; specialist in electrical installations; train electromechanic technician.
And also according to the approved professional standards:
Chief of an operating railroad car depot;
Deputy Head of the wagon operating depot;
Chief engineer of operating wagon depot;
Leading engineer of a wagon operating depot;
Instructor of the wagon operating maintenance station;
Engineer-technologist of the first category of the production department;
Manager of customer provision of cars (containers);
Wagon (container) management manager;
Engineer for the railway rolling stock;
Regional Traffic Safety Auditor;
Head of Railway Transportation Safety Services;
Traffic Auditor (by level);
Chief Traffic Safety Engineer (by level).
To train highly qualified specialists, in accordance with the requirements of higher education today, it is necessary to have a powerful laboratory base. The department has specialized laboratories for the disciplines of the specialty. For example, friendly, scientific and methodological ties have been established and are being actively maintained with the St. Petersburg University of Telecommunications named after Bonch-Bruevich. Bonch-Bruevich St. Petersburg University of Telecommunications. The result of this cooperation is installation of 8 universal stands with instrumentation for laboratory works on special disciplines.
The Chair within the framework of the academic mobility and the program of the double-diploma education cooperates with the Moscow Technical University of Communication and Information and the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering, nowadays RUT (MIIT), the Technical University of Varna (Poland).
The department “Rolling Stock” successfully cooperates with such companies as: LLP “Kamkor-Vagon”, LLP “Kamkor-Locomotive”, Branches of JSC “KTZ – Cargo Transportation” – operational locomotive depots, Branches of JSC “KTZ – Cargo Transportation” – operational wagon depots, Branch of JSC “NC “KTZ” “Design and Experimental Center”.
Bachelors undergo all types of internships in the leading companies of Kazakhstan – Kamkor-Vagon LLP, Kamkor-Locomotive LLP, Branches of KTZ – Cargo Transportation JSC – operational locomotive depots, Branches of KTZ – Cargo Transportation JSC – operational wagon depots, Branch of NC KTZ JSC “Design and Experimental Center”. The advantages of internships is that nonresident students can intern at their place of residence throughout Kazakhstan, where there are branches of these companies.
Wagon repair mechanic, passenger wagon conductor.