6В07117 – LOCOMOTIVES
Name of the EP
Training of qualified and competitive specialists possessing theoretical and practical skills necessary to carry out professional activities on the basis of advanced technologies of design, production, operation, maintenance and repair of locomotives.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Jobs for graduates
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship and Internship Program
- Certificates (if issued in addition)
Under the Educational program 6В07117- LOCOMOTIVES the training of in-demand specialists for railway transport is carried out and applied research works are conducted.
To carry out the educational activities there are:
– highly qualified teaching staff (5 holders of the title “The best teacher of the university”, many teachers are marked with other state awards);
– close ties with production (practical training at the enterprises of the industry, the presence of branches of the department at the production site);
– well-developed laboratory and technical base.
– Evaluate socio-ethical norms and the role of spiritual processes in modern society, interpersonal and legal interests of parties in carrying out professional activities.
– Apply knowledge of natural science disciplines to describe processes and construction, development and improvement of models, systems and objects of transport engineering.
– Formulate arguments and solve problems in the field of study, using professional vocabulary and basic grammar in oral and written form in the state and foreign languages.
– Apply advances in modern computing, software, and IT technology to all areas of the transportation industry.
– Develop a package of measures to ensure the safety of life, environmental protection and labor protection, based on the analysis of harmful and dangerous factors at enterprises of locomotive industry.
– Make managerial decisions of an organizational and economic nature based on the analysis of supply and demand, the dynamics of the transport market.
– Solve technical problems of strength, reliability and stability on the basis of theorems of principles and methods of engineering disciplines.
– Analyze the practical application of electrical equipment and electronics on rolling stock based on the analysis of promising technologies.
– To assess the reliability indicators of parts and components of the rolling stock, using modern methods and diagnostic tools on the basis of normative and technical documentation and technical standards.
– To assess the technical condition and parameters of the elements of the rolling stock in order to optimize their design, performance and indicators of use.
– To develop a technological process for maintenance, repair and diagnostics of locomotive parts and components with the use of mechanization, diagnostics and automation.
– To analyze the indicators of the rolling stock use in order to ensure its safe operation in interaction with the railway transport infrastructure facilities.
Master of the locomotive depot section (workshop); engineer; repair engineer; technical department engineer; non-destructive testing specialist; specialist in operational management of the locomotive repair and maintenance crew; mechanic; specialist in electrical installations; train electromechanic.
As well as in accordance with the approved professional standards:
Head of locomotive depot maintenance;
Deputy Head of locomotive depot operation;
Chief engineer of an operational locomotive depot;
Leading engineer of locomotive depot operation;
Operational training instructor of the locomotive maintenance station;
Technologist engineer of the first category of the production department;
Engineer for railway rolling stock;
Regional Traffic Safety Auditor;
Head of Railway Transportation Safety Service;
Traffic Auditor (by level);
Chief Traffic Safety Engineer (by level).
To train highly qualified specialists, in accordance with the requirements of higher education today, it is necessary to have a powerful laboratory base. The department has specialized laboratories for the disciplines of the specialty. For example, friendly, scientific and methodological ties have been established and are being actively maintained with the St. Petersburg University of Telecommunications named after Bonch-Bruevich. Bonch-Bruevich St. Petersburg University of Telecommunications. The result of this cooperation is installation of 8 universal stands with instrumentation for laboratory works on special disciplines.
The Chair within the framework of the academic mobility and the program of the double-diploma education cooperates with the Moscow Technical University of Communication and Information and the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering, nowadays RUT (MIIT), the Technical University of Varna (Poland).
The department “Rolling Stock” successfully cooperates with such companies as: LLP “Kamkor-Vagon”, LLP “Kamkor-Locomotive”, Branches of JSC “KTZ – Cargo Transportation” – operational locomotive depots, Branches of JSC “KTZ – Cargo Transportation” – operational wagon depots, Branch of JSC “NC “KTZ” “Design and Experimental Center”.
Bachelors undergo all types of internships in the leading companies of Kazakhstan – Kamkor-Vagon LLP, Kamkor-Locomotive LLP, Branches of KTZ – Cargo Transportation JSC – operational locomotive depots, Branches of KTZ – Cargo Transportation JSC – operational wagon depots, Branch of NC KTZ JSC “Design and Experimental Center”. The advantages of internships is that nonresident students can intern at their place of residence throughout Kazakhstan, where there are branches of these companies.
Locomotive mechanic, assistant locomotive engineer.