6B07129 – BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS
NAME OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
6B07129 – BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS
Training of qualified and competitive specialists who possess the theoretical and practical skills necessary for the implementation of professional activities based on advanced technologies for the design, production, operation, maintenance and repair of bridges, tunnels and subways.
- Difference from other universities
- Acquired learning outcomes
- Who do graduates work
- International programs (partner universities)
- Partner companies
- Internship program
- Certificates (if issued additionally)
According to the Educational Program 6B07129 – BRIDGES, TUNNELS AND SUBWAYS, sought-after specialists are trained as designers of bridges, tunnels and subways who have knowledge of the design features of transport structures, capable of performing the calculation ofstructures for strength, rigidity, reliability and stability.
For educational activities there are:
– highly qualified teaching staff (2 Doctors of Technical Sciences, Professors, 2 Candidates of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, 1 Ph. D in transport construction, many teachers are awarded state awards);
– close communication with design and construction companies (passage of production practices at the enterprises of the industry, the presence of branches of the Department of “Civil Engineering” in production);
– developed laboratory and technical base (Research Laboratory “Track Testing and Artificial Structures”, cabinet of “Computer-aided design of transport structures”)).
– To determine the indicators of strength, rigidity, reliability and stability of structural elements on the basis of theoretical and experimental research.
– To assess the reliability of the foundations and foundations of transport facilities, the stability of slopes and slopes in the design and operation using numerical calculations and methods of testing materials.
– Apply computer modeling and software, methods of graphic work and editors in the construction of calculation schemes of span structures of bridges and tunnel linings of subways.
– Apply design and mathematical modeling methods to determine the degree of stability, durability, reliability and economy of structures of artificial structures during operation and reconstruction using lifting mechanisms and machines.
– Determine the carrying capacity of bridges, the reliability of pipes, tunnels and subways in order to technically and economically substantiate the feasibility of strengthening and repair under current loads and operating modes.
Enterprises, organizations and complexes that provide current maintenance, inspection, repair and reconstruction of bridges, tunnels and subways.
And also, according to the approved Prof. Standards:
Specialist in automated systems
Chief designer of the project (in construction)
Chief Project Engineer (in construction)
The Department of “Civil Engineering” has a Research Laboratory “Testing the Way and Artificial Structures” in the disciplines of the Educational Program “6B07129 – Bridges, Tunnels and Subways”. Friendly, scientific and methodological ties are actively maintained with the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering (MIIT), now RUT (MIIT), St. Petersburg State University of Communications of Emperor ALEXANDER I (PGUPS), Siberian State University of Railway Engineering (SSUPS). Technical University of Varna (Poland),
The Department of “Civil Engineering” successfully cooperates with such companies as: JSC NC “KazAvtozhol” Almaty, JSC “KazDorNII”, g. Almaty, Branches of JSC “NC “KTZ” – in all regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Bachelors of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th courses undergo production and pre-diploma practice in the leading construction companies of Kazakhstan – Branches of JSC “NC “KTZ”, JSC NC “KazAvtozhol” g. Almaty, JSC “KazDorNII”, Almaty, LLP “TARKER”, Almaty, etc. The advantages of internships are that nonresident students can practice at their place of residence throughout Kazakhstan, where there are branches of these companies.
Designer of artificial structures, Design Engineer.